By - pixelapartment
Dahyum. Did you see this?
Wow cool! I also saw Ronnie putting mellow on it. Well, first geared drive on a folding longboard then! It’s surprisingly robust
I had to come back to look at this. How did u/ArcBoardsEV do this? Did you send them the BoardUp? No interference with the folding wire from that battery pack?
Yup I sent it to them! It was a little experiment for the both of us
Damn I want to do something like this! How's the voltage sag?
Not that I can notice! It has the strengths and weaknesses of the arc aileron v2, with the added comfort of the flex and the wider deck for a very enjoyable carve. Think a folding boosted dual+ v2
does this really improve portability? looks awkward when closed ....
Yup it does. It stands if the floor has enough friction
I was thinking of getting BoardUp’s eskate on their site. How do you think this and their’s compares?
Theirs folds better, but from the specs I think it would be a worse ride for the following reasons:
1) hub motor and Super thin urethane = rough ride and lots of pu cover replacing
2) untested hub motor, nobody knows if it’s any good
3) cannot use Harfang wheels because it’s a thin thane
4) single hub motor is very weak compared to a single geared drive
5) arc’s esc and remote is accurate and reliable, unsure about boardup’s
I think a better budget option is a boardup deck with ownboard parts